The members of the St. Louis Water Gardening Society (SLWGS) invite you to join our active organization. The Society was established in July 1990 as a non-profit organization to provide a fun and relaxed way for local water gardeners and koi-keepers to regularly exchange information about our shared hobby. Water gardening is a relaxing but challenging hobby involving an ecosystem with plants, fish and water. Whether you have a large or small water garden, this hobby can bring beauty, satisfaction and enjoyment into your life.
Benefits of being a SLWGS member:
- Monthly meetings, usually held on a Tuesday at the Missouri Botanical Garden. Programs cover a range of topics for all levels of experience.
- One tickets to Pond-O-Rama, our annual public pond tour, for each member who has paid dues before April 1.
- Hands-on experience planting and maintaining the lily ponds at the Jewel Box, our civic project.
- Water Word newsletter.
- This website, listing the latest newsletter, meeting schedule, directions, links, photos and event information.
- Yahoo Email Group, to receive late-breaking society information, reminders of meetings, occasional offers of free plants and/or fish, and a forum to ask questions and share knowledge with other email group members.
- Special Events, such as field trips and member water garden tours.
- Eligibility to take Koi Health Advisor classes from AKCA(Associated Koi Clubs of America).
- Lending Library checkout privileges.
Feel free to bring other family members or friends to the meetings. Programs are open to the public without charge.