The members of the St. Louis Water Garden Society (SLWGS) invite you to join our very active organization. The Society was established in July 1990 as a non-profit organization to provide a fun and relaxed way for local water gardeners and koi-keepers to regularly exchange information about our shared hobby. Water gardening is a wonderful hobby that involves an ecosystem with plants, fish and water. Whether you have a large or small water garden or even just enjoy visiting lovely gardens, water gardening can bring beauty, satisfaction and enjoyment into your life. We invite you to join us at our monthly meetings held at the Missouri Botanical Gardens.
Benefits of being a SLWGS member:
- Monthly meetings, usually held on the third Tuesday of the month at the Missouri Botanical Garden Programs cover a range of topics for all levels of experience.
- One ticket to Pond-O-Rama, our premier annual water garden tour open to the public, for each SLWGS member.
- Hands-on experience planting and maintaining the lily ponds at the Jewel Box, our civic project.
- Water Word
- Online website, slwgs.org, listing the latest newsletter, meeting schedules, speakers, links, photos, and event information.
- Members only information of late-breaking society information, reminders of meetings, occasional offers of free plants and/or fish, and a forum to ask questions and share knowledge with other email group members.
- Special Events, such as field trips, auctions, and member only tours.
- Eligibility to take Koi Health Advisor classes from AKCA(Associated Koi Clubs of America).
Our meetings are open to the public without charge.
You are welcome to bring friends and other family members to learn about a variety of topics and to learn and share information with our members.
We look forward to seeing you!